Charcoal is a rather magical thing, looking at it you might just think “what could this little black lump of burnt wood ever do for me?” but you would be mistaken to think so!. Those in the know, know that charcoal is actually a surprisingly useful thing!. Here are 6 uses that it has, you may be surprised by a couple of them!.
- 1 – Perhaps the most obvious but Charcoal is of course extremely good for creating or maintaining a fire. It is easy to transport, when burnt it creates a far more even and less fierce heat that is extremely good for cooking food, especially meats.They also have the advantage that once lit, they will burn for hours compared to some fuels that burn at a far more rapid pace.
- 2 – Believe it or not charcoal can also be used to filter bad things out of water so that it becomes drinkable.Charcoal can remove debris, sediment and other contaminates such as pesticides, herbicides, odours and fuels from water along with water-borne cysts that can harbour deadly bacteria.
- 3 – You can use charcoal to mask bad odours! it can also absorb moisture from shoes, socks, and clothing and helps to prevent any build ups of fungus or mould.
- 4 – They of course can write messages or draw pictures! Charcoal makes an excellent tool for drawing and is widely used around the globe by many artists. If lost in the wilderness, charcoal can be used to leave messages for rescue or to make others aware that you are in need of help.
- 5 – Use charcoal to reduce “skin shine” if you are practising evasion tactics while in a survival situation. Rub the charcoal on cheekbones, forehead, and hands and on any exposed skin to eliminate skin reflection and to break up the natural patterns the human eye sees. The human eye immediately tries to recognize a face in any object so the objective for camouflage applications is to break up the face into patterns that cannot be recognized by the human eye. Use charcoal under the eyes to reduce glare.
- 6 – believe it or not charcoal can actually help cure you of poisoning, it has the unique ability to absorb toxins and can help clear your system of them and keep you alive when you are facing a serious situation.
How to make charcoal…
Bears Quote of the day: